- Make sure that you have set up a business page, and not a personal profile page. To set up a business page, go to www.facebook.com/pages and click on create a page in the top right corner. A business page provides more functionality than a personal profile page, and if people are searching for your business, they are more likely to look for you in pages than in profiles.
- Ensure that you add all the different ways that your potential customers can contact you. Sounds obvious I know, but I am often amazed at how many great pages don’t have contact details, and on a number of occasions, I’ve seen page owners ask potential customers to email them without providing an email address. There is an information box on the left hand side of your Facebook business page – please ensure that you add a contact number, email address or website address as well as a description of your business, to make it as easy as possible for your potential customers to contact you.
- Create a personalised landing page as this is your opportunity to let the world know what you do, and first impressions count! Stand out from the crowd with a personalised landing page. There are various tools to do this, I prefer Tabsite, as I can create a mini website within my Facebook Page with Tabsite and I can have unlimited pages under just one tab.
- If you sell products or services, add a Facebook Shop – this is the latest must have for Facebook Business Pages, and gives you the opportunity to sell to your page fans without them having to leave Facebook (and we know that they love to stay on Facebook, otherwise they would not be spending an hour a day on there!) The payvment app is a good place to start for a free shop (you’ll need a paypal account), however, if you need something more bespoke, please contact me, as I work with folks who can design a bespoke Facebook Shop app to deliver exactly what you need.
- Finally, consider adding a chat room to your Facebook page. It’s a good way to get people on your page talking to each other – if it’s slow to start, why not schedule a chat that you host on your page, and pick a topic in your area of expertise, that way it’s starts the conversations, shows people that they can chat when you’re not there, and forms a community around your product or service, which is powerful when it comes to purchasing decisions!
If you want top optimise the use of your Facebook page for your programme or service, contact us now to discuss what you want to achieve and how we can support you with that. Call us on 01245 791969 or email us at [email protected]